Being sick down under
Recap of the last few days. We ran as quickly as we could to the airport to hop on the plane to go to the land down under. 20+ hours of traveling....we are finally on solid land. Mr. Oliver was a trooper on the plane. We HATED the surprise landing in Sydney because our plane needed to refuel....so it added a few hours to our extremely long journey. Mr. Oliver HATED the take off of every flight because it hurt his poor little tiny ears. He cried and cried, and we were all miserable. We did a little duty free shopping and picked up some vodka for Auntie A, then made our trip past customs where Mr. Oliver explained to the Australian customs personnel that his occupation was "baby", and needed his mama to sign his customs declarations. Crazy asked me to throw away Mr. Oliver's dry formula, and I refused. No way I was going to throw away my son's food without a damn good fight. Then we got reprimanded because my mama was hiding chocolate in her suitcase....grrrrrrr.
Finally we arrived. It was very hot for a couple of days...then Mr. Oliver got really sick as did I. He's pretty cranky today, and so am I. Grrrrrr.
I can't believe we got all the way here only to be sick. DAMNIT!

2 Comments:
Why'd he want you to throw out the formula?
He was thinking that we couldn't take formula to a foreign country, so instead of being asked about it, we could just toss it out without incident. He didn't want me to get huffy about it if I was asked to toss it out. Foreign country prisons probably aren't as cushy as our own.
Post a Comment
<< Home