Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Oliver is alert!!!: Mama is breaking FREE!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mama is breaking FREE!

Soooooooo, my life just got a bit more complicated. I got a very nice phone call today that will change this family as we speak. The person that called was someone I met on Friday during a job interview. They offered me something that I could not turn down. I will accept the position tomorrow. I told my manager. She was not thrilled. She told me that the company we work for would not be held hostage by my offer by another company. You know what I say to that? Bu-bye. I've decided my last day is next Friday.

On to my new job. Its a lateral move, but much closer to home. I've been promised that I will not work more than 40 hours a week, but maybe 45 hours during the close. This company is a privately held company and not a publicly held company. Its a bit of a change, but I'll adjust.

Sooooo, we've decided to actually become adults. We will start a house search. I can't deal with having 3 dogs, 2 of which are potty trained, and the 1 (foster dog) who isn't. I think that if we lived in a house, it would be a lot easier to deal with the foster dog.

So this leads me to explain the foster dog. A few years ago, Crazy and I decided to pull a dog from a shelter. It was after a really horrible test, of which I only got a B, anyhow Crazy wasn't working that day, and we made a long trek to a shelter 50 miles away to peer at this little girl dog. She was such an adorable and cute dog that Crazy couldn't not pick her up. She came to our house and we found a home for her with a retired woman in another state. Go forward 2.5 years, the dog is now back with us and looking for another home. What can I say? I have way too much faith in humanity. I think that someone who claims that they love animals the way I do wouldn't abandon them, but that's what happened. The dog developed epilepsy at a year ago and the woman just couldn't mentally deal with them. The seizures or rather frequency of them stressed the woman out, she had to return her. I'm glad she called us to take her back, because I feel that any other person would have taken her and put her down. Anyhow, so we have an intensely FAT corgi mix who is not potty trained, she is shy, unsocialized, and she's a special needs dog. Anyone who takes this dog will be a damn saint. On a good note, she's super sweet. She is so calm, extremely attached to her person. She's drawn to Mr. Oliver and basically lets him climb all over her without so much as a yawn, whereas my crazy dogs run away from him. She only takes two medications twice a day and that controls her seizures, which is really helping. I should also say that she was 19# when we adopted her out, now she's 33#. Anyhow, hope and pray that I can get her back to her former self and someone out there finds her so irresistible.

3 Comments:

At April 9, 2008 at 5:22 AM , Blogger alice said...

congrats!!

 
At April 9, 2008 at 5:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job and starting the house hunt!
How about some pics of this little foster sweetie?

 
At April 9, 2008 at 9:09 PM , Blogger arlene said...

Great news, about the job and house hunting, Mama!!! Sorry about the little orphaned doggie. Good luck with that. love ya all!
g-ma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home