Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Oliver is alert!!!: My poor aching liver

Saturday, January 3, 2009

My poor aching liver

So we had guests for the past couple of weeks. We picked them up in LAX the Saturday before Christmas. When they got into the car, poor Oliver started screaming. He's going through the whole "strangers are scary" time now. He cried so loud and hard that we had to pull over to switch seats. We then drove them to the ghetto o Sunday and they spent the week shopping, eating and corrupting my liver. We drank almost every night and luckily there was no hang overs. :-) Although someone vomited in my bathroom...no one has stepped up and admitted it yet. But it wasn't me.

We had tons of food for Christmas, everyone was here. It was nice to have everyone around and Oliver got presents and lots of toys. I think next year we will get a tree and let Oliver open presents. I don't know if we will incorporate "Santa", so we'll see. We were thinking of going to Australia next Christmas, but my traveling requirements made it so our trip would be impossible. So I'm hoping that we can go somewhere cool next October. Why October? Because that's when I'll have enough vacation time accrued to actually take a vacation.

We dropped our house guests off in LA over New Years and finally my liver can relax and recuperate. Its strange to have such an empty house. I must mention that I will miss the delicious muffins that Auntie A makes. Ohhhhh, they were so good. She made 2 types of muffins, banana and blueberry. I quite enjoyed the blueberry, so light and fluffy. But the banana was good. Not as good as the blueberry, but lip smacking good.

I have to try the Indian pizza they both raved about. But that will have to wait for another day. We're still trying to get our apartment in order. Who would have thunk that as you get older, you get more anal retentive? Well, hello, I'm OLD. But Indian pizza here I come.

2 Comments:

At January 4, 2009 at 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you really need to try the indian pizza!!!

your poor liver, what about mine? you need more training though. :P

 
At January 11, 2009 at 11:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My liver is just dandy, you lightweights.

Thanks for having us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home