Tonight's photos
When we picked up Oliver from daycare, he was out in the playground sobbing. Apparently the director's little chihuahua nipped Oliver. I don't really care that Oliver got nipped, I kinda feel like it gave him a better appreciation for animals. Anyhow, I offered him a savory cookie that I had brought from the office. The VP of operations made these delicious savory cookies...YUM! Anyhow, I handed it to Oliver who grabbed it eagerly but just as soon as he tasted it, he spit it out. The funny thing is that Crazy wasn't thrilled about the cookies either.
Here are some photos of Oliver tonight. Notice the ouchie on his chin. He fell *again*, 3 days he was in the toddler room, and 2 of those 3 days he fell. Both times it was on his head. Argh. He was in fine form tonight. He cried and cried and cried. Something happened that was rather odd though. Tonight when I showed up to pick him up, he had just gotten nipped by the dog, he saw me and ran to me and cried and held onto me. It was really odd, especially since he has never really felt drawn to me for comfort. It also felt weird that my heart hurt while he sobbed into my embrace. I guess it means that I am a mother. Yah!
Because I'm in a funk, I decided to make some shortbread cookies. What do you think? I forgot to take a photo after I baked these. I'm stressed about work and the housing situation.
I know, I'm not much of a baker, what do you think? I offered a few pieces to Oliver when they became warm, but he only wanted one piece. I ate the other. He went to bed shortly after he ate the shortbread cookie. Just a side note, we did laundry tonight and as I went into his room to put his clothes away, I noticed that Crazy forgot to put Oliver's crib railing up. Buuuhahahahah.

2 Comments:
they look nice! how about if you put some jam on them? he might like them better if they're sweeter?
poor oli falling on his head. hopefully he learns from these tumbles and stays lower to the ground.
Poor Oliver, guess he is learning more about life. Its not always fair. Your cookies look good.
g-ma
Post a Comment
<< Home