Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Oliver is alert!!!: Its almost unbelievable

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Its almost unbelievable

I got the offer letter in the mail.  I can't believe it.  If I pass my background check, I should be okay.  :-)  I hope I didn't lie on my resume!  

I had a conversation with my manager.  She felt really betrayed.  Although another coworker makes more than me, I still grossed out more than he did.  I don't really care.  She told me that if I stayed, I would have been promoted in a couple of months.  I feel sad that my company couldn't fight for me, but in the end, you should always know to look out for yourself.  My last day is next Friday.  People in the office no longer look at me, or even stop by for inane chatter.  I feel like a pariah for sure.  But the funny thing is that the new job is everything this old job is not.  I hope I grow to love the work professionally as much as I enjoyed my old job.

I can't stop looking at homes every night until we pass out, we will most likely be contacting a realtor next weekend.  I don't know what to think.  My goal is to make more than Crazy does.  I am about 20% away.  I hope to surpass him in that arena.

Meanwhile, I've started to get into Mr. Oliver's 12-18 month clothes.  The pants are a bit long and very loose.  I'm beginning to wonder if baby gap only sells fat kids clothes.  He's still wearing the 3-6 months onesies.  He will be a year old in a less than 2 weeks.  I will give Mr. Oliver a huge cupcake from whole foods.  I will take a video of how he will demolish his birthday cake.  I can't believe he will turn one soon.  I still remember the day I went to the hospital after my water broke.  Crazy still cries about my birth experience with Mr. Oliver.  I look at him and wonder where that kid that fit in one arm went.  

I'll be taking a week off before I go to my next job.  We have so many things to do in that time period.  I need to thoroughly clean the house.  I mean it.  Throw away stuff that Crazy does not want to get rid of, have a company come over to clean the carpets.  I want to rearrange the living room so Mr. Oliver's cage doesn't take up the entire room.  I'm seriously considering downsizing the sofa bed.  No one ever uses it now that Auntie A has left.  I want to sell it and get another leather couch set that isn't as big.  Since Mr. Oliver has arrived, we haven't gotten a chance to find places for his stuff.  This is why we need a house.  We are over flowing at the gills.

We went to costco tonight.  Mr. Oliver puked his milk.  It spewed all over the place.  He sat tied to his stroller full of rotten milk screaming his poor head off.  Since we were at costco and buying paper towels, I made Crazy tear one out of the pack.  I had to strip him down, he was soaked with vomit.  Poor poor baby.  I carried him out in Crazy's jacket.  We sat in the car while he played with a straw from an old ice tea drink.

Speaking of Costco, I couldn't believe we had to use the no walled shopping cart.  Yes, the huge thing that people who own grocery stores use to go shopping with.  We had to buy diapers, formula, toilet paper, paper towels, laundry soap, fruit, steak for Uncle K's arrival this weekend.  I can't believe how much we spent.  As Crazy prepared to get in line, he met some friends of ours who snuck behind him and asked if they could hold the baby.  Shocked Crazy until he turned around and saw who they were.  He then looked at their cart and told them they were amateurs at Costco.  I'm telling you, I was shocked at how much stuff was in there.  I had to buy some vodka and red wine.  We bought some beef oxtails for soup for Crazy.  Fruit, fruit, fruit galore.  Mr. Oliver will be having some cantaloupe for a snack tomorrow and roasted sweet potato & roasted chicken for lunch.

2 Comments:

At April 11, 2008 at 6:53 PM , Blogger alice said...

needs more pictures.

 
At April 14, 2008 at 10:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of changes acomin' and we hope they are good. For one thing, it is great that you will no longer have to commute so far. G-pa and I are chuckling at all the things you and Crazy will learn as your baby boy becomes a little boy...snakes and snails and puppy dog tails.
g-ma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home