Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Oliver is alert!!!: This weekend

Sunday, June 28, 2009

This weekend

Was thankfully uneventful. We went to the beach in the city on Saturday, Oliver wasn't terrified of the ocean. Which was awesome. Kylee had a blast running in the water and mostly behaved herself until some lady brought out cut up apples and Kylee (food whore that she is) wanted to join her family. Anyhow Oliver played in the sand and allowed Crazy to dunk his feet in the water. We unfortunately forgot to think that we were going to the beach so got a bit sunburned.

Today Oliver woke up at 8:00 am, really was 7:45, but we waited to go get him. We debated going to Pt Isabel but by the time we had breakfast, it was pretty sunny outside so sunburned, we decided against it. So we just hung out at home and did some laundry. After Oliver's nap we went to have some Pho, Oliver got his own kid's portion this time because I didn't order any Pho for my meal. Oliver ate almost the entire bowl, and it was the first time that Crazy and I were both allowed to eat at the same time. Oliver fed himself and was pretty successful and there was almost NO tantrums. :-) Afterwards we ordered a durian shake to go. Oliver drank almost the entire shake. When we got home I offered him some black grapes, and guess what? Yes, you guessed it. All gone. Then he had a lovely skype session with his grandparents in KS, and afterwards I made dinner. Oliver and I had baths, Oliver ate his dinner and grumbled a bit when I took him to bed, but as soon as he got into his crib and I turned on his frog's night time melody he took a sip of water and he went down without a fuss. Granted it was 9:30, but I was glad he had a meal before he went to bed. He's not so good going to bed slightly hungry, especially if he wakes us up at midnight to let us know he's hungry. Grrrrr, a few of those nights have made me a firm believer that Oliver needs a substantial meal before he goes down.

Here's some photos today.


Playing ball with Crazy...while skyping with his grandparents.



Here he is showing his grand parents that he's no dummy, he knows he's wearing a "shirt". Can you see he's mouthing the word?


So about me. I'm not feeling like I did when I was pregnant with Oliver. I remember I found out I was pregnant with Oliver when I was in my 6th week, and I was beyond exhausted. I'm starting my 7th week now and that extreme exhaustion isn't here like it was last time. I'm not complaining, its just merely an observation. I told the CFO at my company that I was expecting and she seemed shocked. I told her I was coming back, but I honestly feel like because times are so tough right now that she can't afford the expense of keeping me around. So I think I may be layed off soon enough. I don't really mind or care, because we can survive just fine on Crazy's income, mine is a luxury for our family. I feel at peace with this pregnancy, and its weird because when I was pregnant with Oliver I was starting a new job with a publicly held company and I was always so anxious about perfecting my job and making sure I wasn't laid off (I don't know why) before my 6 month trial. But luckily I stayed long enough for my maternity benefits to run its course and moved on. This time, I don't feel anxious. Perhaps its because I've been at this job for a year and have already proven my self worth to my employers. Who knows. Crossing my fingers that Oliver was the tough baby, this one will be easy peasy.

2 Comments:

At June 28, 2009 at 10:45 PM , Anonymous alice said...

cute shirt!! :D

he's adorable. wish i could have chatted with you guys too! my day would have been so much better than if i was at work. boo work!

good to hear you're not feeling nauseous or anything :)

 
At June 29, 2009 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous g-ma said...

We really enjoyed our Skype session. So much fun to watch that little ball of fire show off. Oh, and good to see you and Crazy too! Glad you are feeling good. And yes, let's go with the thought that #2 will be less of a challenge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home