Week in Review
Oliver is going through a rough patch of the terrible two's.
1. He refuses to eat anything we eat for dinner. He tries it, but then is hungry when the meal is over he insists he still needs to eat. So we have to plan a 2nd meal every meal for him. Meals that he used to eat he now refuses. It is so hard to plan meals when I know he won't eat and he will just want to eat soy nuggets or chicken breast tenders. Usually when he doesn't eat our dinners, he asks for cereal. We give in because he won't sleep well if he goes to bed hungry.
2. He's having a lot of trouble sleeping at night. Its terrible when we have to put him down. Crazy read up on sleeping habits for toddlers and apparently I was putting on night entertainment. I gave in to him crying and sobbing for me, so I stood there and let him hold onto me all the while I tell him "Oliver, its night time, you are a big boy, and its night night time" to which he replies, "NOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH." After spending over an hour one night providing night entertainment for Oliver, Crazy decided to kick me out of the room. He stood next to Oliver's crib and showed Oliver his back and ignoring him. Guess what? 15 minutes later, he had stopped crying and was slowly falling asleep. He's still waking up periodically throughout the night and its still keeping us up, but I think it may be getting better. I spoke to Crazy about possibly making Oliver's crib into a toddler bed, but he isn't interested yet.
3. Hysterical crying when anyone leaves him. It could be ANYONE and isn't necessarily me or Crazy. Let me give you an example. We were having dinner Friday night with an old college acquaintance of mine, who lives on the other side of the ghetto. Anyhow as we both left the restaurant, Oliver looked behind him and saw them walking away and lost it. He has been freaking out every chance this weekend when Crazy leaves the room. We're not talking like Crazy leaves the house, we're talking about Crazy walking from the living room to the kitchen.
4. Potty training is going nowhere. Today as we were going to the playground, I asked Oliver if he pooped, and he said "Noooohh." Crazy responded, "hmmm, even if its spackled on his butt, he'll still deny it." So potty training, what is that?
5. I feel as though Oliver may be going backwards. Sometimes I feel like he's so independent, and other times, I feel as though he is always wants to be a baby. I also feel that Crazy fuels this need. Always picking him up at every demand. Pretty soon, Crazy won't be able to pick up Oliver and carry a carseat in the other hand. I keep reminding him that he needs to wean Oliver of this because Oliver will feel rejected when the new baby comes.
Its raining tonight. Can I just say that I LOVE the rain? I remember when we lived in Hawaii and during the wet season, the rain would hit the banana trees outside our bedroom window. It was such a beautiful sound. I also remember that when we first moved in together, we stood on the lanai in our apartment, with the warm summer breeze cooling us down, I told Crazy "It will never ever be this simple." We tell each other this periodically. Back then, I had just graduated college, gotten married, and Crazy was finishing up his last year of duty for the military. Our lives would never ever be that simple. Of course I'd think about this now when I'm so physically and mentally exhausted from Oliver's terrible two antics.
Is it me, or is everyone pregnant?

1 Comments:
Well, I'm not pregnant, but it does seem that everything gets more complicated as we "mature." And we all know that Oliver likes to keep your life simple. Yeah, right. Well...it would be simple if you let him keep that crown on his head and bow down to him!
Post a Comment
<< Home