Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Oliver is alert!!!: One of those days

Thursday, September 18, 2008

One of those days

Today sucked to say the least.

I went to work with a great attitude, however email after email, people were getting frustrated with me about the changes in the company. It wasn't my decision to fire the only AP person the company had and move that function to the parent company. No I will not ask the personnel at the parent company about payments going out, no I will not confirm whether the company received your invoice even though this is the 5th time you've sent it, no I will not call a vendor to ask for a W9, and yes, this isn't my job either.

I had training today so I left the office around 11 am. Pick your battles, however, I'm a professional, if you come to me with a problem, I'm going to try to solve it, however when the CFO tells me to tell people to ask the parent company, and they get mad at me, then it makes me mad as well. When the parent company doesn't want to do the leg work that most AP people do, then it falls in my lap, which makes me extremely unhappy.

I have a job interview with a publicly held company tomorrow that I submitted a resume to back in April. I'm crossing my fingers this goes well, as I do not want to continue my job with my current company. I just don't think there's much growth for myself in my current company, and at the rate that everyone is hating me for not bowing to their every whim, I need to leave.

Today was one of those days. Tomorrow, I have another short day at the office and hope to prepare myself for this new interview. Wish me luck, this job is similar to what I did at my last company, I'm just coming in with my boxing gloves so I don't get screwed in the pay department for the work I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home