Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Oliver is alert!!!: Week in Review

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Week in Review

So last week was a bit of a rough one. Our little orange girl got her normal allergic reaction to flea bites and so she just went to town on her poor little neck. Then on one of her walks with the dog walker, she hurt her little paw. By the time we noticed, her neck was red and bloody and her paw was twice the size. We called the vet Friday night when we noticed she was in a bad way. Thankfully she started to get better. Isn't she a pretty girl?

We had to put the collar on her neck because she just couldn't stop going at her neck, it was really painful. Poor poor girl. After she healed up, a week later I noticed she chewed herself on both hips, so ugh, again, she's got a collar on. She's allergic to beef, and unfortunately we gave her some beef hearts, and she normally is okay, but I guess got more than her little body could handle. Anyhow, she's actually better now.


Its been a hot week here in the ghetto.


The update on the pacifier is that there isn't a pacifier in sight. :-) It was a rough labor day weekend, and thankfully, we haven't had to resort back to the pacifier. Ollie however is trying to replace his pacifier loss with other non conventional things....



Here he is today having some chocolate pudding. Yah! It was a go.



Poor Mr. Ollie had diarrhea today because we went for Thai food yesterday. He ate happily at the restaurant, however both he and Crazy had awful affects afterwards. Today I made some clam chowda and garlic lemon pasta. Ollie ate heartily and then had grapes for dessert. Crazy mentioned that most kids are weird about trying new things, and I am grateful he isn't weird about trying new things. I mean he is hesitant when you offer him something new, however after the intial taste test, and if he finds it to his standards, he will eat. Its always interesting to see what he will eat first if given the choice. Tonight after he ate his garlic lemon pasta, Crazy gave him some of the clam chowder. After a few more diaper changes tonight (bad Thai food), he ate some yogurt and we put him into bed again.

Because we are no longer offering the pacifier, I think it makes him sleep longer. Ever since we took away the pacifier, he's been sleeping in later and later. I am thinking it has to do with him not needing the pacifier to put him down, so when he sorta wakes up and doesn't see the pacifier, he doesn't panic and goes right back to sleep. Unlike before, he would panic when he woke up and didn't see it....then cry and wake himself up. So we've been enjoying more sleep.

Speaking of sleep, the cal king mattress we ordered has come in. All I can say is how much I miss a bed. The first night we were in it, was like heaven. Despite the outgassing of the mattress, we still slept in it...and Crazy had to yank me out of the bed in the morning, and despite being yanked out, I still stared lovingly at the bed. We still have the queen sized mattress. We've put in ads on the local exchange site, however, it seems no one needs a bed. Well, I change my mind. Some lady offered a low ball deal, which I will ignore, however, this still leaves us with a room with 2 mattresses. Ugh. Anyone know of a person in the area that needs a new mattress? Pullleeeze?

2 Comments:

At September 8, 2008 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks like he's got lip liner on in the chocolate pudding pics. remind you of yourself in the early 90s? :P

 
At September 8, 2008 at 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummy! Looks like he thinks it is as good as watermelon! And of course chocolate is the best! Yep does look a bit like lipliner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home