I made myself a liar
Everyone keeps asking me if I was having any nausea, and guess what? I finally got a dose of it today while at the office. I picked up some ginger chews which thankfully help. I am also taking quick naps in the office while I sit in front of my monitor. Its funny, but they are seriously cat naps and they totally help.
Oliver has been a bit of a pain lately to put down. He doesn't want to go down without a fight since its still light out at 9 pm, but we're tired and need to unwind for the day and can't do it unless he's asleep.
Since its summer time, the director's sister works in the daycare while she's on hiatus during the summer. She's a school counselor. Every day we get tidbits of information on how to be parents from her. It kind of annoys me, but we let her say her piece, we nod our heads and head out. Today she talked about how she told Oliver that instead of crying when some kid steals his toys, he should yell at them for taking his toys. Nice eh? Especially for a child that can barely speak, much less enunciate anything. He is still working out his motor skills and he gets extremely frustrated if he can't communicate his frustration with you. But its ridiculous for the counselor to tell us to make Oliver speak, especially when he can barely put two words together. I'm all for communicating, and when he's not crying, its easier to coax him to talk rather than ask him to speak when he's upset and crying.
So I must end with this tiny tidbit. When Oliver was younger, he'd get cranky while he sat in the grocery cart, so I came up with a game. This is a game I called "Wheeeee", and as you can guess, I move the grocery cart side to side which completely excites Oliver. So if any of you have ridden in the car with Crazy, you'll know what kind of driver he is. In the car, Oliver says "Wheeee" and that's when Crazy realizes what he's doing. Its like Oliver is Crazy's heckler. Its funny, you'll have to be in the car to catch the dynamics between the two.

5 Comments:
haha! makes a lot of sense now that i think about it! i was always surprised at how oli could sleep through the driving.
catnaps? like powernaps?
Crazy needed someone like Oliver back when he was 18. Maybe someone saying WHEEE would have helped him stay on all four wheels! lol
Go with powernaps!
Nah, not powernaps - nanna-naps ftw!
Hmmm, are you forgetting your own driving? Remember the action "do an Alice?"
Post a Comment
<< Home