Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Oliver is alert!!!: Close call!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Close call!

Older dogs should not eat bones, no matter how much they used to eat them before. I thought he was going to die tonight in my tub. Jesus. WTF were we thinking? We thought he would be okay with the middle section of a turkey wing, however because his teeth are not as strong as they used to be, he basically swallowed the entire thing. Then he tried for 5 minutes to vomit, but only white foam came out. Crazy put him in the tub and told me to find a 24 hour vet nearby.

Because I can't handle the amount of stress in my life right now, I was laying down praying that acid reflux wouldn't come back to make me give up my dinner. I ran into the bathroom when Crazy asked for a 24 hour vet. My poor boy was trying to puke. His little body was shaking and his stomach was trying to vomit. My god. Helpless.

He was finally able to vomit everything out. We are in the process of giving him plain yogurt for dinner. From now on, it will only be ground food for this dog.

1 Comments:

At January 18, 2008 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew, glad you had a happy ending.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home