Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Oliver is alert!!!: House hunting and more

Monday, April 21, 2008

House hunting and more

Here are some photos that I took today of Mr. Oliver. Today is the first day that I am unemployed. Its nerve wracking, however, I have some place to go next Monday. My new manager called me this morning to congratulate me for accepting the position. I'm excited to start. But, this is Mr. Oliver's BIRTHDAY week! So I had to take it off and spend as much time as possible with him. Doesn't he look like a totally different baby? These photos were taken with my iPhone, the quality is different than with my camera.




The above t-shirt reads, "perfect son". That's funny isn't it?

Anyhow, house hunting. I had a conversation with a loan officer about getting preapproved for a home loan. The conversation was almost comical. I swear you had to be there. What came out was that we are poor. We have no assets, and we're poor. I can't hold a job to save my life, and we are poor. I almost felt like defending ourselves, but it was too funny not to do it. So I teased the loan officer a bit, and she took it like a champ. I just think its funny that we are trying to buy a shithole (excuse my language) in the ghetto for half a million bucks. But here we are the working poor lower middle class. Anywhere else in the country, and we would be able to find a pretty decent place to live. I mean come on. Who in the world spends this much to buy a shit hole? The loan officer said, "Oh, that's your budget? I guess you can buy a small property..." The thing was that she totally wasn't trying to sound snotty. It was just the sad pathetic truth. The market downturn has made it so that Crazy and I can actually afford to buy in the ghetto. That is the sad truth.

The next step is for Crazy and I need to submit paperwork to get bank stuff started. Meanwhile, we found a realtor. We met her before Mr. Oliver was born. We went to this open house (we were just driving around aimlessly while I was pregnant one day). The woman who was showing the loft was quirky and seemed like she was looking out for her clients best interest. Anyhow, we have a meeting with her sometime this week. Hopefully it will work out.

1 Comments:

At April 25, 2008 at 11:08 PM , Blogger alice said...

hes looking more and more defiant. why is your son giving you attitude?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home