Happy day
We just bought tickets to Oahu. I'd been looking over the discount travel pages for a month now waiting for when I should book our tickets, but a conversation I had with a coworker today sealed the deal. He told me that Hawaiian Airlines was having a promotional sale today and so I looked it up when I got home from work and sure enough, the prices were about $300 less each ticket than what the discount travelers were telling me. So, I did the inevitable. I booked 3 tickets. Yessireee Ollie gets his own seat this time, no more stupid plane crib or even sitting on a lap. He has his very own seat! Oh happy day!
I can't wait for sushi man, 3 finger poi (YUCK!), all you can eat SPAM (double yuck). Years ago when we lived there, I kept telling myself that I would always look fondly on our time spent there. I was super young, newly married, and freshly college educated. My memories there were a bit bitter sweet. It was a beautiful place, however, I was too young and preoccupied with my future to enjoy my time there. I told Crazy on our first night in the condo lanai in Waialua that things would never be this simple. In fact, they won't ever be that simple ever again. We now have 2 dogs, 1 child, and soon a mortgage (if we can ever find a house that meets our requirements).
I can't wait to have Ollie play in the water and dig his little finger toes into the sand and get disgustingly dirty. I also can't wait for him to visit all of our old haunts. I remember the first thing I did whenever I visited Crazy before we got married was head to the fruit stand in the North Shore. I love all the tropical fruits and the all you can eat coconut....sorry pickled li hing mango, you won't be on that list. So I'm excited to plan our vacation in Hawaii.

1 Comments:
wow, how exciting! when are you going?
Post a Comment
<< Home