Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Oliver is alert!!!: Guess what we've been working on?

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Guess what we've been working on?

Das right....Oliver is learning how to blow kisses. Most Chinese parents teach their kids how to do this, and I figured since Ollie's soon to be Auntie in Law asked for him to blow her some kisses and he had no idea how to do it, it would look poorly on Uncle P. So...in my infinite guilt, I started to each him how to do it.

Tonight he quietly played by himself while I made dinner and Crazy's pot luck luncheon. I cooked some marinated tri tip and some clam chowda for his pot luck luncheon tomorrow so he can go in there and look like a superstar. I don't know why I'm so nice to him. Anyhow Oliver spent the night in the cage playing with his toys, he's since received some bristle blocks and a garage with cars or something. Afterwards we gave Oliver some clam chowda and some tri tip. He wasn't really too hungry, after we gave him some pear. He's been making kissing noises at Crazy, so I figured he was ready to make the leap to blowing kisses.

I'm having some honey roasted peanuts and some peach beer while Crazy is cleaning the kitchen.

I should tell you guys about going to see a condo in the ghetto yesterday. It was 3 stories and they called it a "3 bath, 2 bedroom" condo. It was really a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo. The first floor was the "work space", and had a full bathroom. The second floor (was a million stairs) was the combo living room/dining room/kitchen. The kitchen counters went along a wall with really no barrier to keep it seperated from the living room....and then there were more stairs to the 3rd floor where there were 2 small bedrooms. It was oddly laid out to say the least. This house was in short sale mode, these people purchased it for over 700k. Why oh why does paying 700k for a condo in the ghetto sound like a good idea? Anyhow, the space was limited and I didn't feel it was appropriate for our family.

I went to go look at a preschool 4 buildings away from my apartment. I wanted some more structure then what may be at our current daycare situation. It seemed to have some more structure, however its hard to tell when everyone's gone home. I'll have to come during working hours to get a better idea of what the classes are like. I have to talk to the director at my daycare to figure out if I want Oliver to continue the program there. The staff loves Oliver and lets him have his way *always*, and it has created a monster. They give in so he won't cry and boy has this little punk figured out how to get his way. He doesn't cry, he *screams*. Boy are you guys in for a treat.

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2008 at 2:36 AM , Blogger alice said...

so cute!! i will be asking for lots of kisses. i love how his face scrunches up!

is that the mullet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home