Hannibal Lector
Today when we showed up at daycare, the director looked at us and said, "We have to talk." Crazy and I peered around the playground and noticed that Oliver was happily snacking on something and both realized this was the "talk" we both did not want to have. The same thought popped into both of our heads and we both blurted out essentially the same thing....I said "Who did Oliver bite" and at the same time I said that, I heard Crazy saying "Oliver bite." The director stared at both of us and started to laugh and then she said, "Wow, you both know your kid."
He bit this little girl at daycare so hard on the face that he left a black and blue mark. This isn't the first time he's bitten this girl, it was the second time. The first time he wasn't able to bite her much before he was caught and punished, this time, he had enough time to bruise her. Crazy and I are furious that he even dared to harm anyone. The director explained that in her 12 years working there, she's never once seen something like this happen. Here's the scenario. Oliver and the little girl washed their hands, they both wandered off and sat down together, and then he leaned over and bit her in the face. She thinks he was trying to give her some affection, but confused himself and bit her instead. He was then put in a time out where he didn't throw a tantrum, then was put in another time out when the director found out that he bit the little girl.
Now you may wonder how he learned the behavior. Well I can say that he does not exhibit this behavior at home, so we have never had to "correct" him over biting issues. I am just at a loss as to why he would act out at school, when one would think that home is a better place to act out. I can't punish him because he has no idea what he's being punished for. I just keep telling him "NO BITING!", and he looks at me and says "Don't bite!"
I'm angry and ashamed tonight. Goodnight.

2 Comments:
:(
when you say little girl? smaller than ollie in height/weight or age? Any way to apologize to the parents? horrible situation to be in... maybe i should go torture the little rascal.. maybe just a phase?
Post a Comment
<< Home